Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered literature : a genre guide / Ellen Bosman and John P. Bradford ; edited by Robert B. Ridinger
- Genreflecting advisory series
- Introduction -- History of gay and lesbian literature -- Collection development and readers' advisory -- Classics -- General fiction -- Coming out -- HIV/AIDS and other health issues -- Historical fiction -- Romance -- Fantasy -- Science fiction -- Horror fiction -- Mystery and crime -- Comics and graphic novels -- Drama -- Life stories : biography, autobiography, and memoirs.
- "Here is a long-overdue genre guide to a previously ignored body of literature. The book aims to provide the reader and readers' advisor with an introduction to 20th-century gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered literature. All popular genres of literature are examined, including fiction, drama, and life stories (biography, autobiography, and memoirs), with the main emphasis on current fiction. More than 1,100 titles are organized according to genres, subgenres, and formats. Annotations provide brief, engaging plot summaries, information about awards, indication of which populations are addressed (e.g., gay, lesbian, teen), and often suggestions for read-alikes. Subject terms or keywords accompany each entry to enhance access to more read-alikes. A brief history of the literature, comments on the genres, and tips for working with readers make this an essential guide and reference resource." --Book Jacket.
- Gays' writings, American—Bibliography
- Gays' writings—Bibliography
- American fiction—20th century—Bibliography
- Homosexuality and literature—History—20th century
- Sexual minorities in literature
- Gays in literature
- Readers' advisory services
- Libraries and sexual minorities—United States
- Fiction in libraries—United States
- 9781591581949 (alk. paper)
159158194X (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 369-379) and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 4750663