The preeminence of politics : executive orders from Eisenhower to Clinton / Ricardo Jose Pereira Rodrigues
- Pereira Rodrigues, Ricardo José, 1957-
- Additional Titles:
- Executive orders from Eisenhower to Clinton
- New York : LFB Scholarly Pub., 2007.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 317 pages ; 23 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Law and society
- Explaining presidential use of executive orders -- The politics of hesitation -- The rise of affirmative action -- Affirmative action embattled -- Determinants of presidential use of equal employment orders -- The genesis of regulatory review -- Expanding presidential control -- Maintaining course -- Determinants of presidential use of regulatory review orders -- Quest for balance -- Environmental opposition -- Pragmatism and defiance -- Determinants of presidential use of environmental orders.
- 9781593322120 (alk. paper) and 1593322127 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 283-302) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4750867