Black bodies, white gazes : the continuing significance of race / George Yancy
- Yancy, George
- Lanham, Md. : Rowman & Littlefield, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 265 pages ; 24 cm
- The elevator effect : Black bodies/white bodies -- Whiteness : "unseen" things seen -- The return of the Black body : seven vignettes -- The agential Black body : resisting the Black imago in the white imaginary -- Exposing the serious world of whiteness through Frederick Douglass's autobiographical reflections -- Desiring bluest eyes, desiring whiteness : the Black body as torn asunder -- Whiteness as ambush and the transformative power of vigilance.
- 9780742552975 (cloth : alk. paper), 0742552977 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780742552982 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0742552985 (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780742563971, and 0742563979
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Brandywine copy: Purchased with funds from the John D. Vairo Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4755445