The chief culprit : Stalin's grand design to start World War II / Viktor Suvorov
- Suvorov, Viktor
- Additional Titles:
- Stalin's grand design to start World War II
- Annapolis, Md. : Naval Institute Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 328 pages, 32 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, maps ; 27 cm
- The struggle for peace, and its results -- First attempts to unleash a Second World War -- The first contact -- Stalin's role in the rebirth of German war power -- Why did Stalin like Hitler's book so much? -- Industrialization and collectivization -- Stalin's role in elevating Hitler -- Stalin and the destruction of Soviet strategic aviation -- Stalin's preparations for war: tanks -- On the "obsolete" Soviet tanks -- Winged Genghis Kahn -- About "obsolete" airplanes -- Soviet airborne assault troops and their mission -- About the brilliant military leader Tukhachevski -- The cleansing -- Spain -- Stalin's trap for Hitler -- Results of the Moscow Pact -- Blitzkrieg in Poland Mongolia -- Mobilization -- Mobilization of the economy -- The winter war: Finland -- Germany's strategic resources and Stalin's plans -- The carving up of Romania, and its consequences -- Destruction of the buffer states between Germany and the Soviet Union -- Destruction of the security pale on the eve of the war -- Partisans or saboteurs? -- Destruction of the Stalin line -- Trotsky murdered, Molotov in Berlin -- Kremlin games -- All the way to Berlin! -- Mountain divisions on the steppes of Ukraine -- Stalin in May -- June 13, 1941 - Words and deeds -- Red Army, black Gulag uniforms -- Military alignment -- Churchill's warning and Stalin's reaction -- A Blitzkrieg against Russia? -- Intelligence reports and Stalin's reaction -- The war has begun -- Stalin's panic -- If it weren't for winter! -- A model war.
- 9781591148388 (alk. paper)
1591148383 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 313-318) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4758041