Treating the dissociative client [videorecording] / a Cavalcade production
- part I. Stabilization -- part II. Trauma work.
- Videos discuss the incidence of dissociative disorders in psychiatric populations and distinguish between the three levels of dissociation. Topics include treatment frame and diagnostic issues, trust and boundary issues, counter transference, pacing and grounding techniques, safety and emotions, relationships, cognitive distortion and empathetic confrontation, hypnosis and expressive therapies, medications, psycho education and transition to trauma work, abreactions and trauma reenactments, abuse, memory, and grief, working with DID clients, managing the therapy, and final phase of therapy. The presenters emphasize the importance of working toward safety, stability, and symptom reduction before moving into trauma work.
- Originally released in 1997.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Presenters: Peter M. Barach, James A Chu, Christine A Courtois, Richard P. Kluft, and Bessel van der Klok.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 4762710