Prime times : a handbook for excellence in infant and toddler care / Jim Greenman, Anne Stonehouse, Gigi Schweikert
- Greenman, James T., 1949-
- Additional Titles:
- Prime times : a handbook for excellence in infant and toddler programs
- St. Paul, MN : Redleaf Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 2nd ed.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 344 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.)
- Additional Creators:
- Stonehouse, Anne
Schweikert, Gigi, 1962-
- The context of good care: good organizations for infant and toddler care -- Child care in the real world -- Understanding how child care centers work: the center as an organization -- Foundations of quality: visions, goals, characteristics, and fundamental assumptions -- Organizing the program -- Understanding infants and toddlers -- The first two years of life: what do infants and toddlers need most? -- Grouping infants and toddlers -- Structuring time and space for quality care -- Sharing care with families -- Establishing and maintaining relationships with parents -- Good places for staff -- Quality care and learning -- Good care for infants and toddlers -- Prime times: caring routines -- Safe and healthy environments for infants and toddlers -- Guiding the behavior of infants and toddlers -- Interactions with infants and toddlers: the caregiver as teacher -- Curriculum and learning -- The indoor learning environment -- Infants and toddlers outdoors -- Planning for learning -- Staying good: evaluation and quality control -- Ongoing program evaluation and change.
- 9781929610907 (alk. paper)
1929610904 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 324-331) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4805294