Twelve disciples of Nelson Mandela [videorecording] / California Newsreel presents ; Independent Television Service ; produced by Chimpanzee Productions; a film by Thomas Allen Harris
- [San Francisco, CA] : California Newsreel, 2005.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (73 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Harris, Thomas Allen, Leinaeng, Rudean, Woo, Jung-cho, Perry, Don, Kovel, Jonathan, Forbes, David, Pollard, Sam, Hoffman, Sabine, Reid, Vernon, Independent Television Service, Chimpanzee Productions, and California Newsreel (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English and Afrikaans soundtrack with English subtitles.
- "Confronted with the death of his stepfather, director Thomas Allen Harris embarks on a journey to understand the man who raised him, Pule Benjamin Leinaeng ("Lee") - an ANC foot-soldier who sacrificed his life for the freedom of his country. As part of the first wave of South African freedom fighters, Lee and his comrades left their homeland in 1960 to broadcast to the world the brutality of apartheid and to raise support for the African National Congress ("ANC") and its leaders, Nelson Mandela and Oliver Tambo. This film is an intimate tale about an African-American family, the anti-apartheid movement and the quest for reconciliation between a father and son."--IMDb.com
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced, directed and written by Thomas Allen Harris ; producers, Rudean Leinaeng, Woo Jung Cho, Don Perry ; cinematography, Jonathan Kovel, David Forbes ; editors, Sam Pollard, Sabine Hoffman ; composer, Vernon Reid.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 4806059