Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho [videorecording] / a Universal release ; screenplay by Joseph Stefano ; directed by Alfred Hitchcock
- Additional Titles:
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- 2-disc special ed.
- Physical Description:
- 2 videodiscs (109 min.) : sound, black and white ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Stefano, Joseph, Hitchcock, Alfred, 1899-1980, Perkins, Anthony, 1932-1992, Miles, Vera, Gavin, John, 1931-2018, Balsam, Martin, 1919-1996, McIntire, John, 1907-1991, Leigh, Janet, Bloch, Robert, 1917-1994, Universal Pictures (Firm), and Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- English or dubbed French dialogue, French or Spanish subtitles; English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
- Disgruntled Phoenix officeworker Marion Crane is fed up with the way life has treated her. She only gets to meet her lover Sam during lunch breaks and they cannot get married because of Sam's alimony high payments. One Friday, Marion is trusted to bank $40,000 by her employer. Seeing the opportunity to take the money and run, Marion leaves town and heads towards Sam's California store. Tired after the long drive and caught in a storm, she gets off the main highway and pulls into The Bates Motel. The motel is managed by a quiet young man called Norman who seems to be dominated by his mother.
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA rating: R.
- Title from container.
Based on the novel by Robert Bloch.
Originally released as a motion picture in 1960.
Special features: Disc 1: Feature commentary with Stephen Rebello; newsreel footage: the release of Psycho; the shower scene; the shower scene: storyboards by Saul Bass; the Psycho archives; posters and Psycho ads; lobby cards; behind-the-scenes and production photographs; production notes; theatrical trailers ; Disc 2: The making of Psycho; in the master's shadow: Hitchcock's legacy; Hitchcock and Truffaunt interview excerpts; Alfred Hitchcock presents "Lamb to the slaughter."
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Anthony Perkins, Vera Miles, John Gavin, Martin Balsam, John McIntire, Janet Leigh.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (1.85:1); Dolby Digital 2.0 mono., dual-layer.
View MARC record | catkey: 4811875