Injuries in athletics [electronic resource] : causes and consequences / by Semyon M. Slobounov
- Slobounov, Semyon
- New York : Springer, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xv, 544 pages) : illustrations, portrait
- Classification of Injuries in Athletics; Science of Training and Injury in Athletics; Balance as a Risk Factor for Athletic Injuries; Fatigue-Related Injuries in Athletes; Nutrition as a Risk Factor for Injury in Elite Athletes; Injury in Athletics: Coaches' Point of View; Injury from Athletes' Perspectives; Interviews with Injured Athletes; Overuse Injuries: Students' Points of View; Fitness Assessment in Athletes; Psychological Trauma: Unfortunate Experience in Athletics; Fear as Adaptive or Maladaptive Form of Emotional Response; Fear of Injury, Kinesiophobia & Perceived Risk.
- Over the past decade, the scientific information on psychology of injury has increased considerably. Despite dramatic advances in physical education of coaches, field of medicine, athletic training, and physical therapy, the sport-related traumatic injuries is our major concern. Athletic injuries, both single and multiple, have a tendency to grow dramatically. Accordingly, prevention of sport-related injuries is a major challenge facing the sport medicine world today. The purpose of this book is to accumulate the latest development in psychological analyses, evaluation, and management of sport.
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4816335