The SAGE handbook of applied social research methods / Leonard Bickman, Debra J. Rog, editors
- Introduction : why a handbook of applied social research methods? / Leonard Bickman and Debra J. Rog -- Applied research design : a practical approach / Leonard Bickman and Debra J. Rog -- Design sensitivity : statistical power for applied experimental research / Mark W. Lipsey and Sean M. Hurley -- Practical sampling / Gary T. Henry -- Planning ethically responsible research / Joan E. Sieber -- Randomized controlled trials for evaluation and planning / Robert F. Boruch ... [et al.] -- Quasi-experimentation / Melvin M. Mark and Charles S. Reichardt -- Designing a qualitative study / Joseph A. Maxwell -- How to do better case studies (with illustrations from 20 exemplary case studies) / Robert K. Yin -- Integrating qualitative and quantitative approaches to research / Abbas Tashakkori and Charles Teddlie -- Organizational diagnosis / Michael I. Harrison -- Research synthesis and meta-analysis / Harris M. Cooper, Erika A. Patall, and James J. Lindsay -- Design and evaluation of survey questions / Floyd J. Fowler Jr. and Carol Cosenza -- Internet survey methods / Samuel J. Best and Chase H. Harrison -- Concept mapping for applied social research / Mary Kane and William M. Trochim -- Mail surveys / Thomas W. Mangione and Janet H. Van Ness -- Methods for sampling and interviewing in telephone surveys / Paul J. Lavrakas -- Ethnography / David M. Fetterman -- Group depth interviews : focus group research / David W. Stewart, Prem N. Shamdasani, and Dennis W. Rook.
- "Provides students and researchers with a comprehensive resource that covers core methods, research designs and data collection, management, and analysis issues. The only handbook to focus on the multimethod and interdisciplinary application of social research, it covers both qualitative and quantitative approaches and places critical emphasis on finding the tools that best fit the research question given the constraints of deadlines, budget, and available resources"--Jacket.
- 9781412950312 (cloth : acid-free paper) and 1412950317 (cloth : acid-free paper)
- Published in 1998 under title: Handbook of applied social research methods.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Behrend copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20089.
View MARC record | catkey: 4819519