Method meets art : arts-based research practice / Patricia Leavy
- Leavy, Patricia, 1975-
- New York : Guilford Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvii, 286 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Social research and the creative arts : an introduction / Patricia Leavy -- Narrative inquiry / Patricia Leavy -- What kind of mother? : an ethnographic short story / Karen Scott-Hoy -- Poetry and qualitative research / Patricia Leavy -- Research as poetry : a couple experiences HIV / Cynthia Poindexter Cannon -- Music and qualitative research / Patricia Leavy -- The role of music in an art-based qualitative inquiry / Norma Daykin -- Performance studies / Patricia Leavy -- Exploring risky youth experiences : popular theatre as a participatory performative research method / Diane Conrad -- Dance and movement / Patricia Leavy -- Writing rhythm : movement as method / Mary Beth Cancienne & Celeste N. Snowber -- The visual arts / Patricia Leavy -- Visual portraits : integrating artistic process into qualitative research / Carolyn Jongeward -- Bridging the art-science divide / Patricia Leavy.
- "This book presents the first comprehensive introduction to arts-based research (ABR) practices, which scholars in multiple disciplines are fruitfully using to reveal information and represent experiences that traditional methods cannot capture. Each of the SLX major ABR genres - narrative inquiry, poetry, music, performance, dance, and visual art - is covered in chapters that introduce key concepts and tools and present an exemplary research article by a leading ABR practitioner. Patricia Leavy discusses the kinds of research questions these innovative approaches can address and offers practical guidance for applying them in all phases of a research project, from design and data collection to analysis, interpretation, representation, and evaluation. Chapters include checklists to guide methodological decision making, discussion questions, and recommended print and online resources."--BOOK JACKET.
- 9781593858438 (hbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 4819632