TV China / edited by Ying Zhu & Chris Berry
- Bloomington : Indiana University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 259 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Zhu, Ying, 1965- and Berry, Chris, 1959-
Full Text available online
- Toward television regionalization in greater China and beyond / Joseph M. Chan -- CCTV in the reform years: a new model for China's television? / Junhao Hong, Yanmei Lu, William Zou -- Hong Kong television: same as it ever was? / Karin Gwinn Wilkins -- Shanghai television's documentary channel: Chinese television as public space / Chris Berry -- Made in Taiwan: an analysis of Meteor garden as an East Asian idol drama / Hsiu-Chuaug Deppman -- Ritual, television, and state ideology: rereading CCTV's 2006 Spring festival gala / Xinyu Lu -- Mediation journalism in Chinese television: double-time narrations of SARS / Haiqing Yu -- Building a Chinese "middle class": consumer education and identity construction in television land / Janice Hua Xu -- Chinese television audience research / Tongdao Zhang -- Hong Kong television and the making of new diasporic imaginaries / Amy Lee -- Globalizing television: Chinese satellite television outside greater China / Cindy Hing-Yuk Wong -- Transnational circulation of Chinese-language television dramas / Ying Zhu.
- 9780253352576 (cloth : alk. paper), 0253352576 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780253220264 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 0253220262 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4819801