American denominational history : perspectives on the past, prospects for the future / edited by Keith Harper
- Tuscaloosa, [Ala.] : University of Alabama Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 222 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Harper, Keith, 1957-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Religion and American culture
- Catholic distinctiveness and the challenge of American denominationalism -- New directions on the congregational way -- Presbyterians in America : denominational history and the quest for identity -- From the margin to the middle to somewhere in between : an overview of American Baptist historiography -- "Everything arose just as the occasion offered" : defining Methodist identity through the history of Methodist polity -- Black Protestantism : a historiographical appraisal -- Mormon historiography -- Interpreting American Pentecostal origins : retrospect and prospect -- "We're all evangelicals now" : the existential and backward historiography of twentieth-century evangelicalism.
- 9780817316327 (cloth : alk. paper), 0817316329 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780817355128 (pbk. : alk. paper), 081735512X (pbk. : alk. paper), 9780817381080 (electronic), and 0817381082 (electronic)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 4820422