Celebrate Passover / Deborah Heiligman ; consultant, Shira Stern
- Heiligman, Deborah
- Additional Titles:
- Celebrate Passover with matzah, maror, and memories
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 32 pages : color illustrations, color map ; 27 cm.
- Holidays around the world
- The most celebrated holiday in the Jewish year, Passover commemorates the Exodus of Hebrew slaves from Egypt to freedom over 3,500 years ago. This colorful book explores the many forms that this weeklong celebration takes worldwide. Deborah Heiligman's rich text details the long lavish meals called seders, at which Exodus is recalled in ritual, prayer, song, and story. The historical significance of the food at these Passover feasts is also explained, and delicious recipes encourage readers to experience the full flavors of this internationally observed holiday. Rabbi Shira Stern's informative note provides parents and teachers with a historical and cultural background of the celebration of Passover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 29).
View MARC record | catkey: 4831573