Cultivating careers [electronic resource] : professional development for campus IT / Cynthia Golden, editor
- Boulder, CO : EDUCAUSE, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (various pagings) ; 19 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Golden, Cynthia and EDUCAUSE (Association)
- Perspectives on IT leadership / James D. Bruce and Brian McDonald -- A comprehensive approach to professional development for an IT staff / Gene Spencer and Jeannie Zappe -- Organizational strategies for fostering a culture of learning / Marilu Goodyear, Kathleen Ames-Oliver, and Keith Russell -- Taking control of your career / William F. Hogue and David W. Dodd -- The importance of mentors / Susan E. Metros -- The profession needs you : engagement as professional development / Cynthia Golden and Dan Updegrove -- Work and life : achieving a reasonable balance / Tracey Leger-Hornby and Ron Bleed -- 12 habits of successful IT professionals / Brian L. Hawkins -- Cultivating people / Lida Larsen and Cynthia Golden.
- "[This book] provides an overview of current principles and practices for mentoring and developing IT professionals in higher education. Edited by EDUCAUSE Vice President Cynthia Golden and written by top leaders in the industry who have distinguished themselves and their organizations for sharpening others' skills, institutional savvy, and ability to lead, the book's chapters are organized into two sections: the organizational perspective and the individual perspective. In addition, the online site for the book will have exclusive audio interviews with CIOs and other senior IT leaders in higher education who give advice for future leaders and talk about how they overcame challenges and moved ahead in their own careers."--Publisher's description.
- 0967285356 and 9780967285351
- "An EDUCAUSE e-book."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Boulder, Colo. : EDUCAUSE, [2006?] Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 4836294