Disaster relief / Alan Marzilli
- Marzilli, Alan
- New York : Chelsea House, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 127 pages : color illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Introduction : when disaster strikes -- Point : the Federal Government should play a stronger role in disaster preparedness and relief -- Counterpoint : local and state governments should accept more responsibility for disaster preparedness and relief -- Point : Federal financial assistance to disaster victims is inadequate -- Counterpoint : Federal financial assistance to disaster victims is wasteful -- Point : the National Flood Insurance program must be maintained or expanded -- Counterpoint : the National Flood Insurance program must be reformed or eliminated -- Conclusion : future directions in disaster relief.
- Provides pro and con arguments on the topic of disaster relief in the United States.
- 9780791095546 (hardcover)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4884348