Monetary policies and inflation targeting in emerging economies / edited by Luiz de Mello
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 174 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mello, Luiz R. de., Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Economics Department, and Bank of England. Centre for Central Banking Studies
- Monetary policy and macroeconomic stability in Latin America : the cases of Brazil, Chile, Colombia and Mexico -- Brazil : taming inflation expectations -- Inflation targeting in Chile : experience and selected issues -- The Czech Republic's inflation targeting experience -- Monetary policy in emerging markets : the case of Indonesia -- South Africa's experience with monetary policy within an inflation-targeting policy framework -- From exchange-rate stabilisation to inflation targeting : Turkey's quest for price stability.
- This book, based on the proceedings of a conference organized by the OECD and the Bank of England's Center for Banking Studies, examines cross-country issues related to the conduct of monetary policy in emerging markets and the role of inflation targeting in improving macroeconomic performance. it includes both cross-country analysis and country-specific case studies. Countries covered include Brazil, Chile, Colombia, the Czech Republic, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa and Turkey.--Publisher's description.
- "The current volume is based on the proceedings of a conference, organised by the Economics Department of the OECD and the Bank of England's Centre for Central Banking Studies, and hosted by the Economics Department of the OECD on 28 February 2007"--P. 3.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Available in print and online.
View MARC record | catkey: 4885342