China, India and the United States : competition for energy resources / [edited by Francis Field].
- Conference Author:
- Energy Conference (12th : 2006 : Abū Ẓaby, United Arab Emirates)
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates : Emirates Center for Strategic Studies and Research, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 589 pages : illustrations, maps ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Field, Francis and Markaz al-Imārāt lil-Dirāsāt wa-al-Buḥūth al-Istirātījīyah
- Introduction -- Keynote address. UAE energy policy : expanding production capacity and maintaining market equilibrium / H.E. Mohammed bin Dha'en Al-Hamili -- Global supply and demand prospects. 1. The relationship between demand outlook and supply potential : a view to 2030 / Richard C. Vierbuchen -- 2. Assessment of competition from major non-GCC producers : Iran, Russia and Venezuela / Luis E. Giusti -- 3. Quest for energy : the role of consumer governments and national oil companies / Chietigj Bajpaee -- Oil and geopolitics. 4. Geopolitics and market forces : political consequences of limited supply / Nan Li -- 5. Energy and strategic relations between the GCC, Asia and the United States : a challenging balancing act / Adnan Shihab-Eldin -- Focus on the gulf. 6. ADNOC : boosting the UAE's key role in regional and global energy markets / Ahmad Al Mehairi -- 7. Reliance on Middle East energy resources : relations between Gulf producers and emerging consumers / Saïd Nachet -- 8. Gulf producers' policies : managing market competition, risks and opportunities / Ibrahim A.H. Ismail -- Focus on asia. 9. Energy alliances in the ASEAN +3 and regional cooperation : integrated approaches to Asian energy security / Katsuhiko Suetsugu -- 10. The energy race between China and India : motivations and potential opportunities for cooperation / Jeffrey G. Brown, Vijay Mukherji, Kang Wu -- Focus on china. 11. China : raising domestic production levels and boosting energy efficiency / Yusheng Gao -- 12. China, India and the United States : competition for petroleum resources and prospects for cooperation / Xiaojie Xu -- 13. China's economic growth and its global quest for energy security / Wenran Jiang -- Focus on India. 14. India : pursuing energy security to fuel phenomenal economic growth / C.M. Bhandari -- 15. The international competition for energy resources : India's perspective / Talmiz Ahmad -- 16. India's economic development and the energy agenda / Leena Srivastava ... [et al.] -- Focus on the United States. 17. The US-China-India triangle of strategic energy interests : US perspectives / Mikkal E. Herberg -- 18. Is a new US petroleum strategy coming into view? / Sarah A. Emerson.
- 9789948009306 (hbk.), 9948009304 (hbk.), 9789948009290 (pbk.), and 9948009290 (pbk.)
- Volume comprised of papers from the ECSSR's 12th Annual Energy Conference entitled: China, India and the United States: Competition for Energy Resources, held from November 19-21, 2006 in Abu Dhabi.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 547-569) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4892283