Frontiers of commodity chain research / edited by Jennifer Bair
- Stanford, Calif. : Stanford University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 281 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bair, Jennifer, 1973-
- Global commodity chains : genealogy and review / Jennifer Bair -- Historicizing commodity chains : five hundred years of the global coffee commodity chain / Steven Topik -- Trading up the commodity chain? the impact of extractive and labor-intensive manufacturing trade on world-system inequalities / David A. Smith and Matthew C. Mahutga -- Protection networks and commodity chains in the capitalist world-economy / Immanuel Wallerstein -- The comparative advantages of tropical commodity chain analysis / John M. Talbot -- From commodity chains to value chains : interdisciplinary theory building in an age of globalization / Timothy J. Sturgeon -- Global commodity chains, market makers, and the rise of demand-responsive economies / Gary C. Hamilton and Gary Gereffi -- Mimicking "lean" in global value chains : it's the workers who get leaned on / Kate Raworth and Thalia Kidder -- Unveiling the unveiling : commodity chains, commodity fetishism, and the "value" of voluntary, ethical food labels / Julie Guthman -- Chain (re)actions : comparing activist mobilization against biotechnology in Britain and the United States / William A. Munro and Rachel A. Schurman.
- 0804759235 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780804759236 (cloth : alk. paper)
0804759243 (pbk. : alk. paper)
9780804759243 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 239-267) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4893408