Staying competitive in the global economy : compendium of studies on global value chains
- Paris : OECD, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 248 pages : illustrations ; 27 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Introduction and synthesis / Koen De Backer and Dirk Pilat -- The measurement of globalisation using international input-output tables / Koen De Backer and Norihiko Yamano -- Enhancing nature of manufacturing in OECD economies / Dirk Pilat, Agnes Cimper, Karsten Olsen and Colin Webb -- Potential impacts of international sourcing on different occupations / Desirée van Welsum and Xavier Reif -- Foreign affiliates in OECD economies : presence, performance and contribution to host countries' growth / Chiara Criscuolo -- Offshoring and productivity : the case of Ireland, Sweden and the United Kingdom / Chiara Criscuolo, ... [et al.] -- The internationalisation of R&D / Koen De Backer and Ester Basri.
- Global value chains are radically altering how goods and services are produced. Parts made in one country, for instance, are increasingly assembled in another and sold in a third. The globalization of production has changed the industrial structure within OECD countries, and in some sectors blunted their competitiveness. Another major consequence has been fears of job losses. This volume is a compilation of the studies that underlie the synthesis report on global value chains. It includes papers on the measurement of globalization, SMEs in global value chains, the changing nature of manufacturing, impact of international sourcing, foreign affiliates, offshoring and productivity, and the internationalization of R&D.--Publisher's description.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Available both in print and online.
View MARC record | catkey: 4893868