Doing diversity in higher education : faculty leaders share challenges and strategies / edited by Winnifred R. Brown-Glaude
- New Brunswick, N.J. : Rutgers University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 297 pages ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Brown-Glaude, Winnifred R., 1966-
- Instituting a legacy of change : transforming the campus climate through intellectual leadership / Amy McLaughlin, Bonnie Thornton Dill, Sharon Harley and Deborah Rosenfelt, University of Maryland -- Discourses of diversity at Spelman College / Alma Jean Billingslea Brown and Gertrude James Gonzalez de Allen, Spelman College -- Institutional diversity work as intellectual work / Jeni Hart, Margaret Grogan, Jackie Litt, Roger Worthington, University of Missouri-Columbia -- Faculty microclimate change / Martha Ackelsberg, Jeni L. Hart, Naomi J. Miller, Kate Queeney, Susan Van Dyne, Smith College -- We, they, and us : stories of women stem faculty at historically black colleges and universities / Josephine Bradley, Deborah Cook, Deidre McDonald, Sarah North, Clark Atlanta University -- Unprecedented urgency : gender discrimination in faculty hiring at the University of California / Martha West, University of California, Davis -- Feminist interventions : creating new institutional spaces for women at Rutgers / Mary Hawkesworth, Lisa Hetfield, Barbara Balliet, Jennifer Morgan, Rutgers University -- Agents of change : faculty leadership in initiating and sustaining diversity at the University of Arizona / Jeni Hart, Lindy Brigham, Mary K. Good, Barbara J. Mills, Janice Monk, University of Arizona -- Designs for diversity : the university of Miami's Caribbean writers summer institute and Caribbean literary studies / Patricia Joan Saunders, Sandra Pouchet Paquet, University of Miami -- Institutional contexts for faculty leadership in diversity : a UC Santa Barbara case study / Joseph Castro, Sarah Fenstermaker, John Mohr, Debra Guckenheimer, University of California-Santa Barbara -- A ripple effect : the influence of a faculty women's caucus on diversity and equity at a public research university / Peg Boyle Single, Dannielle Joy Davis, University of Vermont -- Linking mobilization to institutional power : the faculty-led diversity initiative at Columbia University / Emma Freudenberger, Jean E. Howard, Eddie Jauregui, Susan Sturm, Columbia University.
- 9780813544465 (hardcover : alk. paper)
0813544467 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9780813544472 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0813544475 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4906376