Literature and war : conversations with Israeli and Palestinian writers / Runo Isaksen ; translated by Kari Dickson
- Isaksen, Runo
- Uniform Title:
- Litteratur i krig. English
- Northampton, Mass. : Olive Branch Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 222 pages ; 23 cm
- What really matters is the quality of what's in our heads / Etgar Keret -- In morality's catastrophe zones / David Grossman -- We have to act as if there is a chance. Maybe / Yoram Kaniuk -- In conflicts, few people are able to understand the suffering of others / Amos Oz -- Dissension is an old Jewish tradition / Meir Shalev -- Arabophobia! / Orly Castel-Bloom -- A perfect bridge / Dorit Rabinyan -- Life is so much richer / Mahmoud Shuqair -- I want to be free / Ghassan Zaqtan -- My aim is to survive / Liana Badr -- I write to release the violence inside / Zakariyya Muhammad -- We have to be humane in our fight / Yahya Yakhlif -- Men dominate society / Sahar Khalifeh -- It is our duty to know about the other side / Mahmoud Darwish and Izzat Ghazzawi -- Or should we do something about it? an Israeli-Palestinian contribution / Salman Natour.
- 9781566567305 (pbk.) and 1566567300 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 213-222).
View MARC record | catkey: 4908268