The pseudepigrapha and Christian origins : essays from the Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas / edited by Gerbern S. Oegema and James H. Charlesworth
- Jewish and Christian texts in contexts and related studies ; 4
- The pseudepigrapha and Christian origins -- Introduction / John M. Court -- The continuing quest for the provenance of Old Testament pseudepigrapha / Richard J. Bauckham -- Pseudepigrapha research and Christian origins after the OTP / Lorenzo DiTommaso -- The pseudepigrapha and the Synoptic Gospels -- Jewish martyrology and the death of Jesus / David A. deSilva -- Jesus' apocalyptic worldview and His exorcistic ministry / Loren T. Stuckenbruck -- The pseudepigrapha and Paul -- Adam and Eve in Romans 1:18-25 and the Greek life of Adam and Eve / John R. Levinson -- The story of our lives : the qz-text of the life of Adam and Eve, the Apostle Paul, and the Jewish-Christian oral tradition concerning Adam and Eve / Johannes Tromp -- Adam in Paul / James D.G. Dunn -- The pseudepigrapha and Luke-Acts -- The pseudepigrapha and the problem of background "parallels" in the study of the Acts of the Apostles / Craig A. Evans -- The pseudepigrapha and the narratives in Luke-Acts / Gerbern S. Oegema -- The pseudepigrapha and the revelation of John -- The apocalypse of John and Palestinian Jewish apocalyptic / David E. Aune -- The parables of Enoch and the apocalypse of John / James H. Charlesworth -- The reception of the Book of Daniel (and Danielic literature) in the early church / Gerbern S. Oegema -- Ancient Bible manuscripts and the biblical canon / Lee Martin McDonald.
- 9780567027191 (hardcover : alk. paper) and 0567027198 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- "Essays arose from the five meetings of The Pseudepigrapha and Christian Origins seminar of the Studiorum Novi Testamenti Societas held from 2000 to 2006"--P.  of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
View MARC record | catkey: 4911831