Hydrologic effects of a changing forest landscape / Committee on Hydrologic Impacts of Forest Management, Water Science and Technology Board, Division on Earth and Life Studies, National Research Council of the National Academies
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 168 pages : illustrations (some color), maps (chiefly color) ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee on Hydrologic Impacts of Forest Management, National Research Council (U.S.). Water Science and Technology Board, and National Academies Press (U.S.)
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- FORESTS, WATER, AND PEOPLE: Forests -- Movement of water through forests -- Forest hydrology -- The NRC study of hydrologic effects of forest management -- FORESTS AND WATER MANAGEMENT IN THE UNITED STATES: Forests and water in the United States -- Managing forests and water -- Emerging issues for forests and water -- FOREST DISTURBANCE AND MANAGEMENT EFFECTS ON HYDROLOGY: Forest hydrology science -- Modifiers of forest hydrology -- Hydrologic responses: general principles -- Hydrologic responses within forests -- Changes in watershed outputs -- Managing forests for water -- FROM PRINCIPLES TO PREDICTION: RESEARCH NEEDS FOR FOREST HYDROLOGY AND MANAGEMENT: Spatial research needs -- Temporal research needs -- Social research needs -- Cumulative water effects -- RECOMMENDATIONS FOR FORESTS AND WATER IN THE TWENTY-FIRST CENTURY: Recommendations for forest hydrology scientists -- Recommendations for managers -- Recommendations for citizens and communities -- Moving forward: forest hydrology science and management in the twenty-first century.
- 0309121086 and 9780309121088
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online.
View MARC record | catkey: 4913817