The masque of the red death [videorecording] : The premature burial
- Additional Titles:
- Premature burial
- Santa Monica, Calif. : Metro Goldwyn Mayer Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (169 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Poe, Edgar Allan, 1809-1849, Price, Vincent, 1911-1993, Asher, Jane, Beaumont, Charles, 1929-1967, Campbell, R. Wright, Corman, Roger, 1926-, Milland, Ray, Court, Hazel, 1926-2008, Ney, Richard, Angel, Heather, 1909-1986, Russell, Ray, and MGM Home Entertainment Inc
- Language Note:
- Closed captioned for the hearing impaired.
In English with optional subtitles on English, French and Spanish.
- Side A. The masque of the red death. The evil Prince Prospero is a devil worshipper and a tyrannical ruler. Anyone who stands against him is sentenced to death. Two men dare to denounce the Prince and are imprisoned. A beautiful woman pleads for their release, but is captured by the Prince for his own pleasures. The two prisoners are brought to the Prince at his "Masque Ball" for public torture. But there is one uninvited guest standing in the shadows waiting for the right moment to strike. Side B. The premature burial. In a dark, deserted graveyard a mad doctor and two young medical students watch as workmen labor to exhume the body of someone thought to be buried alive. The discovery triggers an unexplainable reaction in Guy Carrell, one of the young students whose ancestors met their untimely deaths in strange and unusual ways and Guy is worried that he may be next.
- Audience Notes:
- Not rated.
- Title from container.
DVD is doublesided.
Both movies based on the books by Edgar Allan Poe.
The masque of the red death: 88 minutes. The premature burial: 81 minutes.
The masque of the red death originally released as a motion picture in 1964. The premature burial originally released as a motion picture in 1962.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- The masque of the red death: screenplay by Charles Beaumont and R. Wright Campbell, produced and directed by Roger Corman. The premature burial: produced and directed by Roger Corman, screenplay by Charles Beamount and Ray Russell.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The masque of the red death: Vincent Price, Hazel Court, Jane Asher.
The premature burial: Ray Milland, Hazel Court, Richard Ney, Heather Angel.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, Dolby digital, widescreen presentation.
View MARC record | catkey: 4914797