The Express [videorecording] / Davis Entertainment ; IDEA Filmproduktions ; Relativity Media ; produced by John Davis ; written by Charles Leavitt ; directed by Gary Fleder
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Express : the Ernie Davis story and Ernie Davis story
- Universal City, Calif. : Universal Studios Home Entertainment, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (130 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Davis, John, Leavitt, Charles, Fleder, Gary, Brown, Rob, 1984-, Quaid, Dennis, Ellis, Aunjanue, Henson, Darrin Dewitt, Brown, Clancy, Rubinek, Saul, 1948-, Isham, Mark, Morgenthau, Kramer, Gallagher, Robert C., Davis Entertainment Company, IDEA Filmproduktions, Relativity Media, and Universal Studios Home Entertainment (Firm)
- Language Note:
- Includes optional Spanish language track and optional French and Spanish subtitles. English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing (SDH).
- Witness the inspirational true story of a real American hero, Ernie Davis. Rising from humblest of beginnings, Ernie Davis overcame impossible odds to become the first African-American to win college football's greatest honor-the Heisman Trophy.
- Audience Notes:
- Rated PG.
- Originally released, 2008.
Based on the book "Ernie Davis: the Elmira Express" by Robert Gallagher.
Special features: Deleted scenes with optional commentary by director Gary Fleder; making of The Express; "Making history : the story of Ernie Davis" featurette; "Inside the playbook" (shooting the football games); "From Hollywood to Syracuse" (the legacy of Ernie Davis); feature commentary with director Gary Fleder.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Kramer Morgenthau ; editors, Padraic McKinley, William Steinkamp ; music, Mark Isham.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Dennis Quaid, Rob Brown, Aunjanue Ellis, Darrin Dewitt Henson, Clancy Brown, Omar Benson Miller, Nelsan Ellis, Saul Rubinek, Charles S. Dutton.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, region 1, NTSC, anamorphic widescreen (2.40:1), Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround, single-sided.
View MARC record | catkey: 4918838