Race, gender, & comparative Black modernism : Jennifer M. Wilks ... [et al.].
- Introduction: model modernity -- A dying exoticism: the enigmatic fiction of Suzanne Lacascade -- The limits of exemplarity: Marita Bonner's alternative modernist landscapes -- Surrealist dreams, Martinican realities: the negritude of Suzanne Césaire -- Black modernism in retrospect: Dorothy West's new (Negro) women -- Conclusion: atypical women revisited.
- American literature—African American authors—History and criticism
- American literature—Women authors—History and criticism
- Caribbean literature (French)—Black authors—History and criticism
- Caribbean literature (French)—Women authors—History and criticism
- Race in literature
- Women, Black, in literature
- Modernism (Literature)—United States
- Modernism (Literature)—Caribbean Area
- Comparative literature—United States
- Comparative literature—Caribbean Area
- 0807133647 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780807133644 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 231-245) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4923752