The vision of Isaac Childs, which he saw concerning the land of his nativity in Pennsylvania in the seventh month of the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred & fifty seven
- Child, Isaac, 1734-1769
- Additional Titles:
- Vision of Isaac Child, Vision of Isaac Childs concerning his native Pennsylvania July 1757, Vision of Isaac Child concerning his native Pennsylvania July 1757, and Isaac Childs' vision of Penna. 1757
- Pennsylvania?, not before 1757
- Physical Description:
- 1 volume (42 leaves) ; 11 x 21 cm
- Language Note:
- In English; cursive.
- Restrictions on Access:
- Material is open for research.
- The vision of Isaac Childs -- Jacob's vow, Gen. XXVIII, 30 ver. -- A poem on the foregoing discourse -- On God -- A remembrancer -- On friendship -- Reflections -- A paraphrase on Agurs wish -- On Peter.
- Manuscript copy of The vision of Isaac Child. Other texts included, beginning after leaf 16.
- Autographs on front pastedown: "Jacob Edge his book gave to him by TIE[?]. Margaret Edge her book." Rear pastedown bears autographs of Jacob Edge and M. Edge. Verso of last page of text autographed: "Mary Edge her book."
- Title from title page.
The vision of Isaac Child has been printed several times. This manuscript version varies from printed versions in completeness and presentation of text.
Evidence of paper repairs. Margins foxed throughout, making text difficult to read or partially illegible, particularly near the beginning of the volume.
Numbering: 39,  leaves.
- Binding Information:
- Bound in half leather, rebacked, with marbled boards, rubbed; leather onlay.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased from David Lang; 2008.
View MARC record | catkey: 4935036