Vikings and Normans [videorecording] / a co-production of NITRA, S.A., T.V.E, and RAI ; produced in cooperation with the Spanish Ministry of Culture ; a Rafael Cortes Production
- Princeton, N.J. : Films for the Humanities, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (approximately 37 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lanchester, Robert
Caro Baroja, Julio
Rafael Cortes Production
Spain. Ministerio de Cultura
Films for the Humanities (Firm)
- Europe in the Middle Ages
- Views the Vikings as farmers and warriors with strong clan loyalties, and discusses their explorations and trade with the Far East and their discovery of America 500 years before Columbus. Follows the Normans in battle with the Moors, and covers Norman architecture, establishment of Sicily, adoption of the French language, their conquest of England in 1066, and the Magna Carta.
- "FFH 1960".
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Historical consultants, Julio Caro Baroja, Georges Duby, Mario Bussagli ; English adaptation, Marianne Mantell.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Narrator, Robert Lanchester.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 4982936