Advice to a lady
- Lyttelton, George Lyttelton, Baron, 1709-1773
- London : Printed for Lawton Gilliver at Homer's Head against St. Dunstan's Church, Fleet-Street, 1733.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages ; 36 cm (folio)
- Additional Creators:
- Gilliver, Lawton
Beauclerk, Diana, Lady, 1734-1808
Russell, Diana Spencer, Lady, 1710-1735
- Rare Books copy: Formerly part of an 18th-century library in Williamscote House near Banbury, England, assembled by John Loveday (1711-1789), philologist and antiquary, who lived at Caversham in Oxfordshire. The library was moved to Williamscote House in 1799 by John Loveday the second (1742-1809), Doctor of Laws.
- Anonymous. By George, Lord Lyttelton. To Lady Diana Spencer.--ESTC (RLIN).
Headpiece; tailpiece; decorated initial; vignette on t.p.
At foot of title page: "(Price Six-Pence.)"
Signature: [A]² B² (verso of leaf A1 is blank).
Lady Diana Spencer can be either the sister or daughter of Charles Spencer, Third Duke of Marlborough, 1706-1758.
Rare Books copy contains emendations and annotations by Loveday.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Rare Books copy: Purchased with funds from the Dorothy Foehr Huck Library Acquisition Endowment; 20089.
- Binding notes:
- Rare Books copy bound with: The Totness address, versified / Joseph Mitchell. The 2nd ed. London : Printed for H. Whitridge, 1727.
PR3601.M3T6 1727b Q c.1 (Book) bound in The Totness address, versified : to which is annex'd, the original address, as presented to His Majesty
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- Foxon, L328
English short title catalogue, T021055
View MARC record | catkey: 4985436