Chanting down the new Jerusalem : calypso, Christianity, and capitalism in the Caribbean / Francio Guadeloupe
- Guadeloupe, Francio, 1971-
- Berkeley : University of California Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 255 pages : illustrations, maps ; 23 cm.
- The anthropology of Christianity ; 4
- So many men, so many histories : the history that matters to the islanders -- Performing identities on Saint Martin and Sint Maarten -- Christianity as a metalanguage of inclusiveness -- Clarke's two vitamin Cs for successful living -- DJ Shadow's prescription for Rastafari individuality -- The hip-hop- and Christian-inspired metaphysics of DJ Cimmaron.
- Ethnology—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Ethnicity—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Anthropology of religion—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Religion and culture—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Disc jockeys—Social aspects—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Music—Social aspects—Saint Martin (West Indies)
- Saint Martin (West Indies)—Ethnic relations
- Saint Martin (West Indies)—Race relations
- Saint Martin (West Indies)—Social conditions
- 9780520254886 (cloth : alk. paper)
0520254880 (cloth : alk. paper)
9780520254893 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0520254899 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 229-244) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4990734