Modern VLSI design : IP-based design / Wayne Wolf
- Wolf, Marilyn, 1958-
- Upper Saddle River, NJ : Prentice Hall, 
- Copyright Date:
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- xxii, 627 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Digital systems and VLSI. Why design integrated circuits? ; Integrated circuit manufacturing ; CMOS technology ; Integrated circuit design techniques ; IP-based design ; A look into the future -- Fabrication and devices. Introduction ; Fabrication processes ; Transistors ; Wires and vias ; Fabrication theory and practice ; Reliability ; Layout design and tools -- Logic gates. Introduction ; Combinational logic functions ; Static complementary gates ; Switch logic ; Alternative gate circuits ; Low-power gates ; Delay through resistive interconnect ; Delay through inductive interconnect ; Design-for-yield ; Gates as IP -- Combinational logic networks. Introduction ; Standard cell-based layout ; Combinational network delay ; Logic and interconnect design ; Power optimization ; Switch logic networks ; Combinational logic testing -- Sequential machines. Introduction ; Latches and flip-flops ; Sequential systems and clocking disciplines ; Performance analysis ; Clock generation ; Sequential system design ; Power optimization ; Design validation ; Sequential testing -- Subsystem design. Introduction ; Combinational shifters ; Adders ; ALUs ; Multipliers ; High-density memory ; Image sensers ; Field-programmable gate arrays ; Programmable logic arrays ; Buses and networks-on-chips ; Data paths ; Subsystems as IP -- Floorplanning. Introduction ; Floorplanning methods ; Global interconnect ; Floorplan design ; Off-chip connections -- Architecture design. Introduction ; Hardware description languages ; Register-transfer design ; Pipelining ; High-level synthesis ; Architectures for low power ; GALS systems ; Architecture testing ; IP components ; Design methodologies ; Multiprocessor system-on-chip design -- Appendix A: A chip designer's lexicon -- Appendix B: Hardware description languages. Introduction ; Verilog ; VHDL.
- "Modern VLSI Design, Fourth Edition, offers authoritative, up-to-the-minute guidance for the entire VLSI design process-from architecture and logic design through layout and packaging. Wayne Wolf has systematically updated his award-winning book for today's newest technologies and highest-value design techniques. Wolf introduces powerful new IP-based design techniques at all three levels: gates, subsystems, and architecture. He presents deeper coverage of logic design fundamentals, clocking and timing, and much more. No other VLSI guide presents as much up-to-date information for maximizing performance, minimizing power utilization, and achieving rapid design turnarounds." --Book Jacket.
- 0137145004 (hardback : alk. paper)
9780137145003 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -612) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 4990914