National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH [electronic resource] / edited by Vassil St. Georgiev, Karl A. Western, John J. McGowan
- Totowa, NJ : Humana Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Georgiev, Vassil St., Western, Karl A., and McGowan, John J., 1951-
- Infectious disease
- v. 1. Frontiers in research -- v. 2. Impact on Global Health.
- For over 50 years, the mission of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) has been to conduct and support basic and applied research to better understand, treat, and prevent infectious, immunologic, and allergic diseases with the ultimate goal of improving the health of individuals in the United States and around the world. As part of its mission to foster biomedical discovery and to reduce the burden of human disease, NIAID is committed to encouraging the accelerated translation of biomedical discoveries into effective clinical care and public health practice through
- 9781597455695 and 1597455695
- "NIAID publication of findings presented at a research conference in Opatija, Croatia, June 24-30, 2006 'so that U.S. and European scientists could explore shared research interests with a focus on microbiology and infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS, and basic and clinical immunology'"--Pref. and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5001806