Harold H. Benjamin papers, 1983-2002
- Benjamin, Harold H.
- Physical Description:
- 11 cubic feet + 26 videos and audiotapes
- Restrictions on Access:
- Non-public university records are restricted from public use for 20 years after the date of their creation. These materials are stored offsite. Please allow three days for retrieval before use.
- This collection consists of a variety of materials all pertaining to the management and services provided by The Wellness Community including twenty-six training videos and audiotapes dealing with the healing and recovery process of cancer patients, several publications pertaining to the achievements of The Wellness Community and about the Community's founder, Harold H. Benjamin. There are printouts of presentation slides given at and about The Wellness Community, as well as some actual slides themselves. Along with these printouts are notes for lectures given and books written in connection with The Wellness Community, such as From Victim to Victor and The Consummate Patient Active Clinician, both by Harold H. Benjamin, and program manuals. There are also copies of California bylaws and the details needed to manage the local and national facilities of The Wellness Community.
- In University Archives, University Libraries, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 (#MGN 417).
- Administrative History:
- Harold H. Benjamin (1924-2004) was a 1947 graduate from the Pennsylvania State College's School of the Liberal Arts who founded The Wellness Community in 1982 to help provide free support to those suffering and recovering from cancer.
View MARC record | catkey: 5004597