Reform in the Middle East oil monarchies / edited by Anoushiravan Ehteshami and Steven Wright
- Reading, Berkshire, UK : Ithaca Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 309 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Ehteshami, Anoushiravan
Wright, Steven M.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Foreword / Donald Hawley -- Political reform in the Gulf monarchies : from liberalization to democratization? a comparative perspective / Gerd Nonneman -- Reform in the Arabian Peninsula world / Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean -- Patterns of democratic deficit : is it Islam? / Bahgat Korany -- Political reform in Bahrain : the turning tide / Neil Quilliam -- Deconstructing before building : perspectives on democracy in Qatar / Ahmed Abdelkareem Saif -- Oman's approach to development / Sayyid Badr bin Saʻud Al-Busaidi -- Economic governance and reform in Saudi Arabia / Rodney Wilson -- The impact of economic reform on Dubai / Christopher M. Davidson -- ICT and the Gulf Arab states : a force for democracy? / Emma Murphy -- The future of reform in the societies of the GCC countries / Mohammad Al Rumaihi -- US foreign policy and the changed definition of Gulf security / Steven M. Wright -- Synergies in reform : case studies of Saudi Arabia and Iran / Mahjoob Zweiri.
- "This book .. [is] the fruit of a ... conference at Durham University in September 2005 under the auspices of the Sir William Luce Fund and the Institute of Middle Eastern and Islamic Studies"--P. vii.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 263-282) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5007423