Popular music of Vietnam : the politics of remembering, the economics of forgetting / Dale A. Olsen
- Olsen, Dale A. (Dale Alan)
- New York : Routledge, 2008.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 286 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Routledge studies in ethnomusicology ; 1
- Cultural and political settings for Vietnam's popular music -- Vietnamese pop music stars and the bumpy road to stardom -- Vietnamese rock, pop-rock, and pop music bands -- Vietnamese songwriters, social issues, and government persuasion -- Performance venues for (mostly) live popular music -- Disseminating popular music : pop and rock music concerts, festivals, and shows -- Disseminating popular music : audio and video recordings -- Vietnamese karaoke : place, pleasure, politics, and profit -- Conclusion : the politics and economics of popular music in Vietnam.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -275) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5007572