Meaning and method : the cultural approach to sociology / edited by Isaac Reed and Jeffrey C. Alexander
- Bouder : Paradigm Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- vi, 290 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Reed, Isaac (Isaac Ariail) and Alexander, Jeffrey C., 1947-
- Culture as object and approach in sociology / Isaac Reed -- "A special camaraderie with colleagues" : business associations and cultural production for economic action / Lyn Spillman -- Organization-based legitimacy : core ideologies and moral action / Jerry Goodstein, Mary Blair-Loy, and Amy S. Wharton -- Moral regulation : beyond Janet Jackson and the Passion / Kenneth Thompson -- The social and the aesthetic : methodological principles in the study of cultural production / Georgina Born -- After quantitative cultural sociology : interpretive science as a calling / Richard Biernacki -- Two worlds in cultural sociology / John H. Evans -- The banality of misrepresentation / Richard Biernacki -- Imperviousness to disconfirming data / John H. Evans.
- 9781594515699 (hc)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5009720