Tales of Galicia : [a novel] / Andrezej Stasiuk ; translated from the Polish by Margarita Nafpaktitis
- Stasiuk, Andrzej, 1960-
- Uniform Title:
- Opowieści galicyjskie. English
- Prague : Twisted Spoon Press, 2003.
Gardena, CA : Distributed in North America by SCB Distributors.
- 1st [Twisted Spoon Press] ed.
- Physical Description:
- 140 pages ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Nafpaktitis, Margarita, 1968-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Jozek -- Wladek -- Blacksmith Kruk -- Janek -- Place -- Kosciejny -- Lewandowski -- The Pub -- Grandma -- The Red-Haired Sergeant -- Night -- Maryska -- Confession -- The Second Night -- The End.
- "Seemingly a collection of prose ballads about a mythical village facing the trauma of 1990s-style economic transformation, the book gradually reinvents itself as a novel. Considered one of Poland's leading contemporary writers, Stasiuk brilliantly blurs the line between genres as he explores the fissures in existence where there is often little difference between the living and the dead, death and sleep, dream and reality, the real and the televised, and between civilization and nature."--BOOK JACKET.
- "Translated ... from the original Polish: Opowieści galicyjskie (Kraków: Znak, 1995)"--T.p. verso.
Subtitle from cover.
View MARC record | catkey: 5011921