Local mission global vision : community foundations in the 21st century / Peter deCourcy Hero and Peter Walkenhorst, editors
- Nonprofit management guides
- Community foundations and the globalization of philanthropy : an introduction -- From local institutions to transnational actors : the spread and evolution of the community foundation concept -- Convene, connect, endow : emerging roles of community foundations in the 21st century -- The myth of community foundation neutrality and the case for social justice -- Promoting the culture of giving : the experience of Italy -- The role of support organizations in spreading the community foundation concept -- The rules of engagement : building assets and partnering with donors -- Redefining the assets of a community foundation : money, knowledge, and relationships -- Silicon Valley Social Venture Fund (SV2) : philanthropic community in action -- Diaspora giving : the Czech example -- Community foundations and civic leadership : more than money -- Taking "calculated" risks for peace : the experience of a community foundation working in a divided society -- Reinventing philanthropy in Russia -- Governance and community leadership : how I learned to love NGO governance -- Towards creative community foundations : a preliminary analysis -- Funny things are happening on the way to philanthropy : five and a half trends for community foundation consideration -- Managing for the future : community philanthropy and the next hundred years.
- 9781595422040 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1595422048 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- "Transatlantic Community Foundation Network."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5014920