Nanotechnology in drug delivery [electronic resource] / [edited by] Melgardt M. de Villiers, Pornanong Aramwit, Glen S. Kwon
- New York, NY : Springer ; [Arlington, VA] : AAPS Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiii, 662 pages, 18 unnumbered pages of plates) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- De Villiers, Melgardt M., Aramwit, Pornanong, and Kwon, Glen S.
- pt. 1. Fundamentals of nanotechnology in drug delivery -- pt. 2. Biopharmaceutical, physiological, and clinical considerations for nanotechnology in drug delivery -- pt. 3. Nanotechnology fro the delivery of small molecules, proteins and nucleic acids -- pt. 4. A look to the future of nanotechnology in drug delivery.
- The reader will be introduced to various aspects of the fundamentals of nanotechnology based drug delivery systems and the application of these systems for the delivery of small molecules, proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides and genes. How these systems overcome challenges offered by biological barriers to drug absorption and drug targeting will also be described.
0387776672 (hbk. : alk. paper)
9780387776675 (hbk. : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5017755