Feminist engagements : forays into American literature and culture / Shelley Fisher Fishkin
- Fishkin, Shelley Fisher
- New York : Palgrave Macmillan, 2009.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 279 pages ; 25 cm
- Changing the story. The borderlands of a culture ; Making a change ; Reading writing and arithmetic ; Changing the story ; Essentialism and its discontents -- Men reading and writing women/women reading and writing men. Dreiser and the discourse of gender ; Mark Twain and women ; An interview with Maxine Hong Kingston ; The Bondwoman's Escape -- Humor and chutzpah. Feminist humor and Charlotte Perkins Gilman -- Theresa Malkiel's Diary of a shirtwaist striker -- Erica Jong.
- American literature—Women authors—History and criticism
- American literature—Minority authors—History and criticism
- Women and literature—United States—History
- Feminism and literature—United States—History
- Women—United States—Intellectual life
- Feminism in literature
- Women, White, in literature
- Minority women in literature
- Authorship—Sex differences
- 9780312238582 (paper-over-boards (lithocase) : alk. paper)
0312238584 (paper-over-boards (lithocase) : alk. paper)
9780230615946 (pbk. : alk. paper)
0230615945 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -265) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5018417