Cell biological studies on physarum polycephalum [videorecording] : a model to investigate cytoplasmic actomyosin
- University Park, PA : Penn State University Audio-Visual Services, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (12 min.) : sound, color ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Institut für den Wissenschaftlichen Film (Göttingen, Germany) and Pennsylvania State University. Audio-Visual Services
- Details locomotion in the slime mold, an acellular myxomycete; protoplasmic shuttle streaming is the basis of plasmodial locomotion, with force generation provided by cytoplasmic actomyosin in the ectoplasm. A model of a cross section of a photoplasmic strand is supplemented by electron micrography to demonstrate the contractile apparatus of the organism.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by the Institut für den Wissenschaftlichen Film.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 503162