South central United States / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Section of the National Geographic Society for the National geographic magazine ; James M. Darley, chief cartographer
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, December 1947.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 57 x 71 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Darley, James M. (James Morrison)
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:2,500,000. 39.46 miles to the in. ; Albers conical equal-area projection, standard parallels 28° and 36° (W 108°--W 88°/N 38°--N 25°).
- Covers Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, and portions of New Mexico, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky,Tennessee, Mississippi, and Mexico.
Relief shown by shading and spot heights.
"This is the fifth in a series of sectional maps designed to cover the United States on the uniform scale of 39.5 miles to the inch, excepting the Northeastern United States which is 27.6 miles to the inch."
Issued with the National geographic magazine, v. XCII, no. 6, December 1947.
Description based on surrogate.
- Part Of:
- Contained in (work)
The National geographic magazine
Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, -c1959
116 v. : ill. (some col.) ports., maps (some folded, some col.) ; 26 cm
View MARC record | catkey: 504111