Alice [videorecording] : Darkness light darkness / a Condor Features production in association with Film Four International and Hessischer Rundfunk ; producer, Peter-Christian Fueter ; scripted, designed & directed, Jan Švankmajer
- Additional Titles:
- Alice and Darkness light darkness
- New York, NY : First Run Features, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (84, 7 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Švankmajer, Jan, 1934-, Fueter, Peter-Christian, Kohoutová, Kristýna, Carroll, Lewis, 1832-1898, Hessischer Rundfunk, Film Four International, First-Run Features (Firm), and Condor Productions
- Alice: A little girl follows an elusive White Rabbit and so begins this dream expedition into the landscape of childhood, combining techniques of animation, puppet theatre and live action in Švankmajer's surreal version of Alice's adventures in Wonderland.
Darkness light darkness: A man literally constructs himself within the confines of a very small room -- a potent allegory of Svankmajer's life in Eastern Europe.
- Related Titles:
- Darkness light darkness
- "Inspired by Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland."
Originally produced in Czechoslovakia in 1989.
Special features: Also includes Svankmajer's short film, Darkness light darkness (7 min., col., 1990), scene access, interactive menus.
All regions DVD.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Cast: Kristýna Kohoutová.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, all regions, NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 5080776