Sports and their fans : the history, economics and culture of the relationship between spectator and sport / Kevin G. Quinn
- Quinn, Kevin G., 1961-
- Additional Titles:
- History, economics and culture of the relationship between spectator and sport
- Jefferson, N.C. : McFarland, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 259 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- "Exploring such topics as the role of sports in the creation of mass culture, cheating, the abuse of illegal drugs, the strange and fascinating role that numbers play in sporting events, and the future of spectator sport, this book surveys the outsized impact that sports have on American culture"--Provided by publisher.
- 9780786438020 (softcover : alk. paper)
0786438029 (softcover : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 199-243) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5081028