Hurricane Katrina : America's unnatural disaster / edited, and with an introduction, by Jeremy I. Levitt and Matthew C. Whitaker
- Lincoln : University of Nebraska Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 324 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Levitt, Jeremy I., 1970-
Whitaker, Matthew C.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Justice and social inquiry
- "Truth crushed to earth will rise again" : Katrina and its aftermath / Jeremy I. Levitt and Matthew C. Whitaker -- Letters from a native son : do you know what it means to miss New Orleans? / Mitchell F. Crusto -- After Katrina : laying bare the anatomy of American caste / Bryan K. Fair -- Hurricane Katrina and the "market" for survival : the role of economic theory in the construction and maintenance of disaster / Charles R. P. Pouncy -- The Internal Revenue Code don't care about poor, black people / Andrew L. Smith -- Judging under disaster : the effect of Hurricane Katrina on the criminal justice system / Phyllis Kotey -- From worse to where? African Americans, Hurricane Katrina, and the continuing public health crisis / Alyssa G. Robillard -- Failed plans and planned failures : the Lower Ninth Ward, Hurricane Katrina, and the continuing story of environmental injustice / Carlton Waterhouse -- "Still up on the roof" : race, victimology, and the response to Hurricane Katrina / Kenneth B. Nunn -- Governmental liability for the Katrina failure / Linda S. Greene -- Katrina, race, refugees, and images of the Third World / Ruth Gordon -- "Been in the storm so long" : Katrina, reparations, and the original understanding of equal protection / D. Marvin Jones.
- 9780803217607 (cloth : alk. paper)
0803217609 (cloth : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -306) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5081090