The American ruling class [videorecording] : a dramatic-documentary-musical / Maitland Primrose ; the Press & the Public Project present ; written by Lewis Lapham ; produced by Libby Handros ; directed by John Kirby
- Oley, PA : Bullfrog Films, 
- Standard format.
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (90 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lapham, Lewis H., Handros, Libby, Kirby, John, Naqvi, Qasim, Burwell, Caton, Cantagallo, Paul, Silver-Greenberg, Jessica, Witherspoon, Hollis, Press and the Public Project, Maitland Primrose Film Distribution, and Bullfrog Films
- Language Note:
- In English; closed-captioned.
- Is there an American ruling class, and if so, how do you join? Two hapless Yale grads embark on a star-studded journey of meetings with America's establishment to unearth some uncomfortable answers and find out the truth about what the future really holds for them. A dramatic, musical, documentary satire on class in America that attempts to answer the question "Who rules America?".
- Originally produced in 2005; additional material, c2007.
"The film that you're about to see sometimes makes fictitious use of actual people and places" -- Opening screens.
Container insert includes a statement from Lewis Lapham.
Special features: "classroom version" (bleeped); optional audio commentary by Kirby & Handros.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Mark Benjamin ; edited by Leah O'Donnell and John Kirby ; original score by Qasim Ali Naqvi ; musical numbers written & performed by Lucas Johnson-Yahraus and The What.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Caton Burwell, Paul Cantagallo, Jessica Silver-Greenberg, Hollis Witherspoon.
Introduced by Lewis Lapham.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Filmed at Yale University and in New York.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 5087137