Ask not [videorecording] / Persistent VIsions presents ; a film by Johnny Symons ; directed and produced by Johnny Symons ; co-producer, Leah Wolchock ; a co-production of Persistent Films LLC and the Independent Television Service (ITVS).
- [Berkeley, Calif.] : Persistent Films LLC ; [Harriman, NY] : New Day Films, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (73 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Symons, Johnny, Wolchok, Leah, New Day Films, Persistent Films, and Independent Television Service
- Language Note:
- In English ; closed-captioned (broadcast version)
- "A rare and intriguing exploration of the U.S. military's 'don't ask, don't tell' policy. The documentary exposes the tangled political battles that led to the discriminatory law, and profiles charismatic young activists determined to abolish it. By revealing personal stories of gay Americans who serve in combat under a veil of secrecy."--Container.
- Related Titles:
- Independent lens (Television program)
- Contains both 54- minute broadcast verson and 73-minute theatrical version.
Originally released as a motion picture in 2008; shorter version broadcast on the television program Independent lens.
Special features include trailer, links and academic resources.
Description based on surrogate.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Editor, Andrew Gersh ; music, Norman Arnold ; camera, S. Leo Chiang, Andy Schocken, Peter Lorgreco.
- Technical Details:
- DVD, NTSC.
View MARC record | catkey: 5088796