Enduring socialism : explorations of revolution and transformation, restoration and continuation / edited by Harry G. West and Parvathi Raman
- New York : Berghahn Books, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 277 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- West, Harry G. and Raman, Parvathi
- From socialist chiefs to postsocialist cadres: neotraditional authority in neoliberal Mozambique / Harry G. West -- 'For eating, it's Guangzhou': regional culinary traditions and Chinese socialism / Jakob A. Klewn -- Searching for the beautiful madness: of ruins and revolution in post-Sandinista Nicaragua / Dennis Rodgers -- The object of morality: rethinking informal networks in Central Europe / Nicolette Makovicky -- Vietnamese narratives of tradition, exchange and friendship in the world of the global socialist ecumene / Susan Bayly -- Waste under socialism and after: a case study from Almaty / Catherine Alexander -- Corruption and the one-party state in Tanzania: the view from Dar es Salaam, 1964-2000 / John R. Campbell -- Media and the limits of cynicism in postsocialist China / Kevin Latham -- The rooted anthropologies of east-central Europe / Charis Hann -- Historical analogies and the commune : the case of Putin/Stolypin / Caroline Humphrey -- Signifying something: Che Guevara and neoliberal alienation in London / Parvathi Raman.
- 9781845454647 (hardback : alk. paper)
1845454642 (hardback : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 5093158