Clarence Williams [sound recording].
- Williams, Clarence, 1893-1965
- Additional Titles:
- Title on container: Clarence Williams : a selection of his rare recordings. Vol. 1, 1927-1930
- South Yarra, Vic. : Swaggie, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Clarence Williams' Washboard Band
Clarence Williams Orchestra
Novelty Four (Musical group)
Clarence Williams' Blue Seven
Clarence Williams' Jug Band
- Kentucky -- Papa De-Da-Da -- Loving -- You've got to give me some -- Lazy mama -- Mountain city blues -- Organ grinder blues -- I'm busy and you can't come in -- Steamboat days -- Mississippi blues -- Where that ol' man river flows -- Shout, sister, shout -- In the bottle blues -- Close fit blues -- Baby won't you please come home -- Kansas City man blues.
- Jazz ensembles with some vocals.
Program notes by Brian Rust and Eva Taylor Williams on container.
The Wayne "Fuzzy" and Ann W. Lehman Collection.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Clarence Williams Washboard Band ; Clarence Williams Orchestra ; Clarence Williams & his Novelty Four ; Clarence Williams Blue Seven ; Clarence Williams Jug Band.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded between 23 Sept. 1927 and 11 Nov. 1930.
View MARC record | catkey: 5099157